Why do I have to use the "CryServ-Client"
The main reason is that due to GameSpy´s shutdown, it is a) impossible to connect to servers outside of your local network and b) even if a connection could be established, the Profile-ID System provided by GameSpy is also no longer available, rendering all SSM´s useless. Using the CryServ-Client fixes these issues.
Can I join a Cryserv-Server without your "CryServ-Client"
You will not be able to join any game server which is part of the CryServ-Network, because the original game´s multiplayer has ceased functionality.
Are there any risks when using the "CryServ-Client"
The CryServ-Client evolved from the rX Client modification which was first released in 2011. Since its first release, it has extended the users gaming experience by adding many new features, without breaking the games balance or giving the users an unfair advantage over others. It is not spy-/mal-/adware or of any trojan or malificient nature, which includes gathering data about you or your system!
What additional features and enhancements are in this "CryServ Client"
Crysis Wars was in no version a really errorless game. Some of these errors still accompany our games everyday, another part more or less disturbing, however, could be fixed.
In addition, over the years many practical features has been added to the "CryServ Client".
- More than 30 errors in the game have been fixed
- FPS- and Ping-Display (Adjustable via the chat command "/config")
- Display of empty vehicles in the Radar- and Mini-Map (Adjustable via the chat command "/config")
- Crysis 2 Nanosuit Sounds (Adjustable via the chat command "/config")
- HUD-Styles (Designs are available through the chat command "/hud")
- Assignable F keys (e.g. chat commands) (Adjustable with the chat command "/key")
- 3rd Person Mode (Configurable button in the menu "OPTIONS -> MOUSE&-KEYBOARD-SETUP -> SUIT MODES TOGGLE")
- Indication of the position and team membership of objectives and players in Spectator-Mode (Feature can be server side activated)
- Indication of the position and team membership of objectives and players in Admin-Mode (Only on iTEC7-Servers)
- Automatic Target Tracking on vehicles (RPG Mod) for the rocket launcher (Feature can be server side activated)
- Deactivatable Nanosuit Cloak-Mode (Feature can be server side activated)
- Event- and Hit-Sounds (Feature can be server side activated)
- Wall-Jumping (Feature can be server side activated)
- Vtols and Helicopters will be displayed in the radar of an Anti-Aircraft-Tank
- Faster game start (All intros will be skipped)
- Central display of the disconnect reason on a server "kick" or "ban"
- The game console can be opened by the server (Easier handling of chat commands)
- System for fully automated Admin and Moderator authentication (Only on iTEC7-Servers)
- ChatCommand can be executed with "cc " in the game console (e.g. "cc flare" instead of the chat input "/flare")
- Weblinks be opened directly in the browser (e.g. chat command "/cryserv", "/website" or "/stats" to open your own player stats)
- A new Spectator-HUD for a better overview, with 21:9 support and additional informations
- Console messages on the server will no longer be written to log file of the client
- Visible download links for maps removed
- Additional weapons added (MP5 Machine Gun, SPARC Rifle)
How do I know that I installed the "CryServ-Client" correctly
To check whether the CryServ Client was installed correctly, check your main menu ingame. If a CryServ banner is displayed in the lower right-hand corner, then all went well and you are good to go.
What do I need to take into account when using the "Steam Version" of Crysis Wars
The following files are different: GameData.pak, ZPatch1.pak. To prevent being kicked off servers, you have to replace these with the files from the CD or Trial version!